To deliver a community grassroots soccer program in Edmonton that focuses on the development of the players, low stress environment for parents and cost effective program.
Community Grassroots Soccer Academy is a coming together of community leagues to provide a low-cost yet impactful soccer experience for kids while fostering a culture of support and learning for our referees, coaches and parents to make soccer more enjoyable for everyone.
We believe that with the power of community, building a strong fundamental soccer program that is affordable and accessible to all kids will be a catalyst to rebuilding soccer in North Edmonton, and that the values our program hopes to instill in our players, coaches, parents and referees will build a stronger sense of community and fair play.
- Run by Edmonton Community Leagues
- McLeod Soccer
- Hairsine Soccer
- Steele Heights Soccer
- Fraser Soccer
- Homesteader Soccer
- Kensington Soccer
- Reasonable and affordable participation fees.
- Outdoor season starts at the beginning of May and concludes at the end of July. Allowing for one game and one practice per week for each team.
- Volunteer run program with community focused.
- Smaller team rosters which allows for more playing time for each player.
- Ability to participate in CGSA clinics for coaches and players.
- CGSA programs are for all ages
- Funding Available for families in need
- Trained Coaches and Referees
- Accessibility – No child should be prevented from playing sports due to socio-economic reasons.
- Respect – Every player, coach, referee, volunteer and parent will be treated respectfully.
- Learning – Through engaging interactions we will teach kids the fundamentals of soccer in an enjoyable fashion.
- Leadership – Build our future leaders through the power of sport.
- Character – Role-model “doing what is right” rather than “doing what can I get away with”.
- Empowerment – Enabling young participants building self-esteem, providing opportunity for leadership and enhancing health and well-being.