2021 Outdoor Season
We will be playing our CGSA outdoor season in accordance with all Government of Alberta COVID-19 mandates.
- Games begin in MAY
- NO TOURNAMENTS will take place until soccer returns to normal.
- Teams will have a max of 10-14 players & teams may need be grouped together into a Cohort if government requirements change.
- NO TRIALISTS will be allowed.
- Some Community Leagues may offer bathrooms during games, these facilities will be maintained by the leagues and will be use at your own risk.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Social distancing is recommended.
- If the COVID situation gets worse at any time, the league will be shut down if dictated by the city and provincial health authorities.
This is an evolving situation which may change before May. These details are subject to change without notice.
Before Leaving Home:
- DO NOT leave home if you are feeling unwell or showing signs of COVID-19.
- Check field closures
- Eat before you come (no food at the field)
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water prior to leaving your home
- Thoroughly wash water bottles with soap and warm water
- Bring thoroughly washed/ sanitized equipment (Uniforms, socks, shin pads, gloves, soccer ball)
- Use the washroom before you leave your home
Arrival at the field/Facility
- Arrive fully dressed at the field
- Respect social distancing
- Complete active symptom screening with your coach
- DO NOT share water bottles
- Consider also bringing personal hand sanitizer
- Follow any traffic flow or social distancing grids at your location
After activity/game is Complete
- NO LOITERING
- Exit promptly and if there are established exit guides follow those
- Respect social distancing guidelines
- Initially use hand sanitizer to disinfect hands
- Sanitize shoes prior to removal
- Thoroughly wash water bottle with soap and water
- Thoroughly wash equipment (uniforms, socks, shin pads, personal ball, gloves)
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.