Indoor 2020-21 Modified Season
There will be a modified indoor season following Alberta's mandate of the 50 player Cohort groups. If that number changes, CGSA will adjust accordingly.
- Games begin in November
- NO TOURNAMENTS will take place until soccer returns to normal.
- Teams will have a max of 10-12 players & 4 teams will be grouped together into a Cohort. Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers, Bench Attendants are not part of the "50" as they are required to wear masks. Ref’s will not have to wear a mask on field
- NO TRIALISTS will be allowed.
- Games times may be shortened this year depending on the age group and the amount of cleaning that will be required before next team comes on.
- If at a Soccer Centers they are looking at a pre-registration system for players/Team Officials/Spectators.
- Dressing rooms & washrooms will be available at each Soccer Centre.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Only 1 adult spectator per player allowed; no limit to the number of youth siblings.
- Spectators will have to social distance in the stands.
- Everyone must leave immediately after each game.
- If the COVID situation gets worse at any time, the league will be shut down if dictated by the city and provincial health authorities.
This is an evolving situation which may change before November. These details are subject to change without notice.
Before Leaving Home:
- DO NOT leave home if you are feeling unwell or showing signs of COVID-19.
- Check field closures
- Eat before you come (no food at the field)
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water prior to leaving your home
- Thoroughly wash water bottles with soap and warm water
- Bring thoroughly washed/ sanitized equipment (Uniforms, socks, shin pads, gloves, soccer ball)
- Use the washroom before you leave your home
Arrival at the field/Facility
- Arrive fully dressed at the field
- Respect social distancing
- Complete active symptom screening with your coach
- DO NOT share water bottles
- Consider also bringing personal hand sanitizer
- Follow any traffic flow or social distancing grids at your location
After activity/game is Complete
- NO LOITERING
- Exit promptly and if there are established exit guides follow those
- Respect social distancing guidelines
- Initially use hand sanitizer to disinfect hands
- Sanitize shoes prior to removal
- Thoroughly wash water bottle with soap and water
- Thoroughly wash equipment (uniforms, socks, shin pads, personal ball, gloves)
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.