2021 Outdoor Season
UPDATE: April 27, 2021
Dear CGSA Families,
CGSA is excited to announce our camp development season!
With the current restrictions, and the uncertainty of the future, we believe this is the safest option to get our players outside, active, and playing the sport we all love.
CGSA will start the season with a 6-week camp program, and optimism for game play to follow. If Alberta Government, and AHS restrictions do not allow for games play, CGSA will consider extending the camps another 6 weeks.
After the initial 6-week camp is completed, if there are no games, you will have the option to stay for the extended camp season or withdraw from the remainder of the season. CGSA community leagues will process either A) a pro-rated refund, or B) a credit towards either indoor 2021-2022 or the following 2022 outdoor season.
Fees are currently being revised, for the soccer camp set up, creating savings for our families. For current, and up to date information, please follow CGSA on Facebook, and online at www.cgsa.ca. In-person registration dates, times and locations will be announced shortly.
The season is set to start May 24, 2021 with the following dates for the players.
Following AHS restrictions, the camps will consist of up to 9 players and a coach. CGSA feels this benefits the players, as they will have the advantage of being able to ask coaches for more guidance and combined with additional ball touches improve their skill level. Coaches will be provided an age-appropriate instruction manual to ensure development skills, drills, and training is delivered to the players.
CGSA wants to thank all our families for their continued patience during these unprecedented times. We look forward to getting our CGSA players back on the fields.
March 1, 2021
We will be playing our CGSA outdoor season in accordance with all Government of Alberta COVID-19 mandates.
- Games begin in MAY
- NO TOURNAMENTS will take place until soccer returns to normal.
- Teams will have a max of 10-14 players & teams may need be grouped together into a Cohort if government requirements change.
- NO TRIALISTS will be allowed.
- Some Community Leagues may offer bathrooms during games, these facilities will be maintained by the leagues and will be use at your own risk.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Social distancing is recommended.
- If the COVID situation gets worse at any time, the league will be shut down if dictated by the city and provincial health authorities.
This is an evolving situation which may change before May. These details are subject to change without notice.
Before Leaving Home:
- DO NOT leave home if you are feeling unwell or showing signs of COVID-19.
- Check field closures
- Eat before you come (no food at the field)
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water prior to leaving your home
- Thoroughly wash water bottles with soap and warm water
- Bring thoroughly washed/ sanitized equipment (Uniforms, socks, shin pads, gloves, soccer ball)
- Use the washroom before you leave your home
Arrival at the field/Facility
- Arrive fully dressed at the field
- Respect social distancing
- Complete active symptom screening with your coach
- DO NOT share water bottles
- Consider also bringing personal hand sanitizer
- Follow any traffic flow or social distancing grids at your location
After activity/game is Complete
- NO LOITERING
- Exit promptly and if there are established exit guides follow those
- Respect social distancing guidelines
- Initially use hand sanitizer to disinfect hands
- Sanitize shoes prior to removal
- Thoroughly wash water bottle with soap and water
- Thoroughly wash equipment (uniforms, socks, shin pads, personal ball, gloves)
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.